Dining Room Fireplace Facelift

Before, the stone was stained from soot and a small makeshift shelf covered the top. The colors in the stone were fading and cracking. The grout was stained also.

I built this mantel and shelf to sit on top of the existing stone. The stone that was previously dingy and stained was primed and painted Benjamin Moore's dolphin grey. Crown molding adds a finishing touch.

Affordable Track Light Upgrade

The track system over the kitchen sink was outdated and dingy but in fine working order.

Instead of replacing the whole fixture, I reused the track by replacing the two larger lights with four small lights, plus two track compatible pendants from Home Depot. I made the window valance with a table runner and some brackets and wood. 

Living Room Fireplace Mantel Extension

The exiting mantel was too low and the shelf hung over the fireplace to the point it had smoke stains on it.

I used the same base frame, built an extension, and then sealed them together and painted over it. I made a narrow shelf for the top and added crown molding to make it look more elegant.

Affordable Bathroom Redo

This was the smallest vanity I ever saw next to the largest toilet. The whole thing had to be replaced. the busy flooring made the small space feel even smaller.

I found a floor model vanity for 250. We sold all the existing fixtures to offset the cost of some new ones. We added a prefabricated Granite top, a Pegasus Faucet on Clearance, and traded the large toilet for a compact one. This small bathroom shows that if you are smart on space you can fit more than you think. 

Office Closet Turned Nursery

The Homeowners had previously installed shelving for books, but needed a quick solution to prepare for making this a baby's room.

I framed out the closet with curtain panels, painted the interior shelving white, and added colorful storage bins for clothing toys, and other storage.

Vintage Linen Closet and Laundry Chute Refresh

The doors were sticky and the shelves were lined with old smelly paper.

I wanted to preserve the built in and the laundry chute that went directly down to the basement.

I removed the doors and the hardware, scraped off the paper, and painted it all white. I got a new chain for the laundry chute, some new hardware, and some baskets to store toiletries and other supplies.

Painted Laminate Vanity

I really didn't like the color of the basic laminate vanity but it was in fine condition. Had we lived there longer we would have considered replacing the top with granite.

I used two coats of BIN primer which is meant for surfaces that can't be sanded. Paint is Behr French Roast, a super dark espresso Colored Paint in a semi-gloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment