Sunday, February 9, 2014

Design for Normal People



Hey ya'll!

Did you hear my new fake Texas accent? As of Labor Day of 2013 we are residents of the weird and wonderful city of Austin. The historic and quaint homes and streets of New England have been replaced with stucco, limestone and master planned communities. 

Yeah we live in the burbs, but I still have an Austin zipcode so yay me.

Anyways, Austin is just ripe with e-clec-ticity or eclectic-ness...not so much in said burbs, but we don't have to drive far to find hipsters, food trucks and cool art galleries.


When I got here I was ready to hit the streets for some thrifty finds that would sling me into designer's paradise. What I discovered is while design is definitely appreciated here, it still has a hefty pricetag. So while I found lots of cool designer places to visit, it seems that my stay at home mom salary isn't going to support the glamour and glam of Louis Shanks and Z-Gallery. 

Not to mention my toddler will DESTROY. IT. ALL.

So, it's back to the blog, or as my neighbor eloquently put it, Design for Normal People. As much as I'd love to show you step by step photos of our happy weekend warrior projects or the amazing skills I have with my Oz- like great and powerful glue gun-this blog is a bit more rough around the edges than that. Which to me, is totally Austin.

So on to the new chapter of Realistic Renovations- a little messy, a little unpolished, a little slow, but eventually gits 'er done. 




No comments:

Post a Comment